Thursday, November 16, 2006

He's Facing Foreclosure! (dot.com)


You have to appreciate this one. Now I generally prefer writing original material and injecting my own twist on a subject but the west coast 'investor' quoted below takes the proverbial cake in the national real estate weblog arena.

"I don’t get it. I have several accounts with 90 day lates and one with 120 day late on it. Why are my credit scores so high?? " asks he.

Those words pour from the mouth of the most interesting (and least self-effacing) blog writer I've read of late. This 24 year old dude (I'm just supposing from the picture and nature of his quagmire) from Cali' attended a few real estate seminars, subsequently bought eight houses in four states with no money down and is now, even more subsequently, in multiple stages of foreclosure on the ones he can't unload--which is most all of them. Iamfacingforclosure.com recounts this young kid's plight as it painfully unfolds before your eyes. The following is another of his many first person archived declarations, "What happened? Why am I facing foreclosure? Basically, I bit off more than I could chew." You think? Oh, and then there's my fav, "Man, this sucks."

This person at first appears to be either one of the biggest goofs ever to execute a binding contract or a self-centered media genius who's duping all of us. Or perhaps he's a little of both. (Not surprisingly he's received instant national recognition and an avalanche of response from the community-- his Profile tag line a simple, "Comments appreciated!" ) Anyway, for those of you who wish to check back in on this real time trainwreck, I've linked his blog in my sidebar under Cool Blogs & Sites. And speaking of the comments (and as you might imagine there's a zillion of them), they're priceless.

And finally in closing I'd like to share with you a timely, internet-centric re-paraphrase of an already famous paraphrase I heard today on NPR. It seems to me to be in order. "One day soon, everyone will be famous to fifteen people..." Dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment