Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Chicago Pothole Medalist





"I'm the one who gets called up about a problem. I'm the one who gets called up about the street lighting and the abandoned car. I'm the one who gets blamed if the police don't arrive. I'm the one they blame if a city truck is broken down."

Chicago Mayor, Richard M. Daley


BTW Mr. Mayor, I too, just tried to call you after fishing the remains of my BMW out of the above pot...er...sink hole on Mildred Avenue in Lincoln Park. The above pictured cones were previously reserving a pair of blue haired Realtors' Open House parking spaces in front of an MLS listed McMansion. I took the liberty to personally secure a higher and better use for the orange markers. Hope your Streets and San Man on (or rather, off) the job doesn't mind. (Hey, it's just another day in the Chicago Real Estate business---with a guerilla twist. hehe) And good luck with that 2016 Olympic Search Committee. Suggestion: On their next visit here, be sure to keep them off of what's left of our city streets or, at the very least, off the 2700 block of Mildred. Should probably keep them off the buses, too. Brutal.


Geno Petro



follow me on twitter@genopetro

No comments:

Post a Comment