Sunday, August 02, 2009

Retro on Roscoe



P
osted are a few pictures from the annual Retro on Roscoe summer festival. It's my favorite seasonal street fair in what I deem to be one of the most livable neighborhoods in Chicago. After an afternoon of showing property and attending a friend's housewarming party---a beautiful new construction condo @ 2110 Roscoe---I finally turned my snoop cap backwards and snapped a couple sidewalk shots for the record.

Evian in hand I witnessed, among other spectacles, an over-served wine head in a Cubs jersey (duh) stumble out of LUSH (pictured above), an over-served girl open the door and fall out of a Porta-John on Leavitt (can't believe I missed that shot), and Hairbangers Ball serve up a musical night cap from the Main Stage to a shoulder-to-shoulder audience.

There was even one side alley devoted to a gathering of vintage cars with proud owners in tow---okay, on lawn chairs (hey, it's Chicago). I'm posting my favorite of these classics below. 'Less is More' as the Germans say. But tell me again, just so I'm clear...size...it does, or doesn't matter? I keep forgetting...





Geno Petro




follow me on twitter@genopetro


No comments:

Post a Comment